Site Search & Navigation
A quick look at Hints on Using this Site may resolve any issues you're having with viewing or navigating this site.
Search this Site
The Google Site Search tool will search this site when the button next to Search this site is selected:
- Not all content is listed by search engines. Temporary or new content is less likely to be included.
- Content from the restricted sections of the site (e.g. the Members Area) will not be available.
- You might want to have a look at the site map if you are unable to locate content.
Hints on Using this Site
The Menu System
Where you see the right angle quote (») there is an extended menu available. Simply click on the link to the right to reveal this menu.
Members Area Difficulties?
External Links Open New Windows
- These are not pop-up windows. Simply close the new tab or window to return to this site.
Different Browsers — Different Experiences
Unlike printed documents, each browser can display pages differently even within the same operating system.
You should be able to view the content on this site with any browser although your experience may not be optimal when using older browsers.
Use a Recent Web Browser
Running obsolete (unsupported or unpatched) software makes you vulnerable and puts everyone at risk by allowing the spread of malware, viruses and security holes that can be exploited by hackers, governments and other parties that threaten our privacy.
Mozilla's Updates Make Us All Stronger has instructions for updating Windows, Mac, Linux, iPhone, Android plus current browsers and their plugins.
You can download a current browser that displays this site as it was intended from the Russ Harvey's Web Browser page.
Text May Be Enlarged/Reduced
Text sizes may be increased/decreased in modern browsers if you have difficulty viewing the default sizes or if the default sizing doesn't work for you. This function varies by browser and version, but try holding down the
Ctrl button and pressing:
+(plus) to increase the text size;
-(minus) to decrease the text size; and
0(zero) to reset the page to 100% (the default) — not supported in IE.
The Zoom function is usually located in the
View menu when menus are displayed. Most modern browsers have hidden these settings to preserve the space at the top of the page because newer monitors are wider but not as tall. Look for the Zoom settings in the Options or Toolbar icons.
Several documents on this site are provided in PDF, a format that displays content correctly whatever program created it.
A number in brackets — e.g. (PDF–250 KB) — indicates the size of the document in Kilobytes (KB) or Megabytes (MB).
Firefox & Other Browsers will Display PDFs
In most cases, these documents will display inside current versions of browsers like Firefox.
However, some features (like auto-fill) may not work, in which case you'll need to open the PDF in a dedicated PDF reader that has the ability to manage these extras.
Nitro PDF Reader Recommended
Nitro Reader or Nitro Pro are recommended.
- Nitro Reader is the best free PDF reader and viewer. Create, review, sign, and share PDFs.
- Nitro Pro (free to try; US$199.99 to buy) allows you to create professional quality PDF documents that anyone can view, with any PDF reader, on virtually any device.
Adobe Reader Vulnerable
Adobe Reader is a known vulnerability. You should uninstall it and replace it with an alternative.
Need Further Help?
- The site owner is unable to help you with website technical issues.
- Please contact the Webmaster () for assistance.
Site Design & Maintenance
This site is designed by Russ Harvey Consulting. Please only if you have concerns directly related to the site design or function.
Updated: January 26, 2017